Published on April 17th, 2017 | by Sabrina Lobo
All About: Concealers
After an eventful night, the last thing you want to hear is ‘what’s that on your face?’ especially if you’ve splurged on that expensive concealer that does not work for you. A foundation may seem like a foolproof option but when it comes to obvious dark circles & blemishes, think twice before you give the concealer a miss.
The first step to covering up flaws is choosing the right concealer for your skin type.
The three most commonly available types are liquid, stick and cream concealers. Here’s a low-down on each of them:
- Liquid Concealer: This is the most versatile of the lot and for a good reason! It is suitable for all skin types except for very dry and offers light to full coverage that is buildable. This kind of concealer is the most preferred for hiding blemishes. In comparison to a creamy one, it is less likely to cause additional breakouts or clog pores.
- Stick Concealer: These lipstick-like concealers are highly pigmented and provide medium to high coverage. If you’re tormented by greasy skin, you might have to reconsider buying this. However there are certain stick concealers that provide a matte finish and work really well for oily skin.
- Cream Concealer: Similar to a stick concealer except that it comes in a small pot or palette, severe discolorations like melasma and under-eye circles can be perfectly disguised with a cream concealer. However it can look cakey on the skin if not blended properly. Its consistency makes it apt for dry skin.
Once you’ve chosen the right type of concealer, the challenge is to narrow down the shade that will camouflage your problem areas. You can either cover or correct using these tips:
- Pay attention to words like beige, cool, warm, neutral etc. These denote undertones like warm is suitable for Indian skin.
- If your motive is to even out your skin tone, go for a concealer that’s a shade lighter than your foundation. This particularly works well for blemishes and dark spots.
- To reduce the visibility of dark circles, use a concealer with a yellow base that’s lighter than your skin tone.
The right concealer can go a long way in giving you an even and spotless complexion.
FAB BAG PICKS
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view product
SeaSoul HD Finish CC Cream with SPF 20 : HD Finish CC Cream is a Complete Coverage Color Corrector Cream. It helps to correct discoloration left behind by acne, scars, sun damage & uneven skin tones. This unique formula contains Dead Sea Minerals , Moroccan Argan & Goji Berries known for Hydration, Anti Bacterial. Anti Oxidant & Oil Control Giving that perfect No Makeup look without blocking the pores. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR As Nude As It Gets Spf 15 Compact : When is makeup not really makeup? When is makeup seen only in the look of wonder on those around you and heard only in the compliments you receive for your strikingly radiant skin? To answer these, try out the much-awaited new SUGAR As Nude As It Gets SPF 15 Compact that gives your skin a natural, luminous yet matte finish with its ultra-lightweight velvet formulation. It’s difficult to predict what you’ll actually fall in love with more – its uber-portable design, its concealed sponge applicator or its weightless formulation that provides buildable coverage you’ll never do without again. CLICK HERE to view product