Published on April 17th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Tips & Tricks: Blow-Dryer
Blow-drying is a diva’s ultimate tool – but if you are a hairdryer bumbler – chances are, a hair dryer leaves you and your hair in shambles! So here are 5 tips that will ensure your hair responds well to drying and becomes your crowning glory instead of a disaster!
- Section: It’s really not as difficult as it sounds. Also bending over at your waist and blow-drying until you get dizzy will not help you, or your hair! Once you have detangled your hair, keep duckbill clips or clutchers nearby – make a minimum of three horizontal sections and clip up the others.
- The wrong hand: Table manners demand the dominant hand to hold the knife; similarly, it’s the brush you should be holding in the dominant hand. The brush needs to be moved with dexterity, not the dryer.
- Pull up, not down: A naturally inclination is to pull the brush towards gravity – but that flattens the hair across the scalp – no voluminous mane then! Pull the hair halfway up towards the sky (okay, the ceiling!) – hold the brush at mid length. The hair till mid-length should be blasted upwards while the hair falling below can be styled downwards.
- Smoking strands: Holding the dryer too close to the hair will only fry it and damage the hair cuticle. Also hair that is still damp is akin to spraying water on a hot pan – it will sizzle – and we do not mean that in a sexy way…
- Too much, too sun: The cardinal sin of drying is drying the hair as if there were no tomorrow. A hair dryer is a styling tool – not an omigod-I’m-late-for-work tool – it’s better to let damp hair air dry their way to your office, rather than trying to dry hair by blow drying. Use a dryer on almost dry hair – with a thermal hair protectant in place and when you have the time to spare!
Hair products you absolutely must try:
Sebastian Shaper Fierce : Shaper Fierce is the hairspray with extra muscle keeps your hair where you want it. Whether you’re in the city or on the run way. Hold that volume, texture or pinned-up style in place, and radiant against the odds. CLICK HERE to view product
Kaya Hair Health Gel : “With Protein, Mineral & Vitamin Complex Hair Health Gel is specifically formulated to reach the hair at its root and help control hair loss. Its innovative protein, mineral and vitamin complex promotes hair growth and stronger healthier hair. Special herbal extracts like Saw Palmetto, Gingkobiloba and Hibiscus nourish the hair from within.” CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Marigold Shampoo : Cleansing; Moisturizing; Has anti-oxidant properties that will hydrate damaged hair. Get soft, silky hair with our Marigold shampoo. Its anti-oxidant properties will return vitality and body to hair damaged by harmful external factors providing it with hydration and reinforcing and strengthening the fragile parts. CLICK HERE to view product