Published on May 2nd, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Beauty Ingredient: Banana
Give shopping a break, and blitz some beauty treatments in your home kitchen with bananas!
Why Bananas? They are rich source of potassium, vitamin A, B, C and E, and natural oils that give bananas their wonderfully emollient properties! For more plus-plus, know that bananas contain tryptophan, a rich amino acid known to be extremely beneficial for hair and skin. While there are many products you can buy, begin with a beauty treatment, whipped up at home!
What you need: ripe bananas (2 for long hair, 1 for short), 2tbsp honey, 1tsp almond or olive oil and 1 egg yolk.
- Blitz all the ingredients to make a smooth paste (add more bananas if need be to fully coat hair)
- Moisten your hair with a little warm water (damp, not dripping) and apply the paste to your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap to ensure the pack penetrates deep into the roots.
- After 30 minutes, shampoo and condition as you normally would.
What you need: 1 banana, peeled and mashed, 4tbsp besan, 1 egg, beaten.
- Blend besan and banana until it turns to a paste. Add the beaten egg. Paste should be thick and not too runny.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
FAB BAG PICKS
SkinYoga Green Tea Face Mask : Inspired from the ancient Japanese skincare regime, this green tea based, antioxidant rich face mask slows aging and wrinkles. This is a 100 percent natural acne control formula that removes toxins from your skin and gives you a more youthful appearance. Organic Green Tea works as a very effective sun guard and acne control agent. Rice flour acts as a natural whitening agent and adds glow to the skin. CLICK HERE to view product
Just Herbs Af’fair Fumitory-Liquorice Skin Lightening Cream : A blend of exotic natural extracts of wonder herbs, this night cream helps to fade away dark patches and spots. Indian herbs Fumittory and Manjishtha help detoxify the blood and boost circulation to fade freckles and skin discolorations, while liquorice and yellow zedoary help control the melanin producing mechanism triggered by inflammatory response of the skin to exposure of suns UV rays. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Red and Green Tea Sunscreen Lotion : Famous for it’s holistic and eco-wellness beauty products, as part of its summer haul, The Nature’s Co has introduced the Red and Green Tea Sunscreen Lotion. With an SPF 25 sun protection power and the moisturising properties of anti-oxidants, it’s suitable for all skin types. CLICK HERE to view product