Published on May 9th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Try It Out: LBDs
Beauty is not just about make-up, but pairing the right make-up with the right dress. Here are my picks – seven of my favourite celebrity LBD looks along with their jaw-dropping make-up!
It’s not easy being under the spotlight – from make-up gaffes to wardrobe malfunctions – they live a much scrutinized life. If they look good it has to be the cosmetic surgery and if they look bad, it has to be the lifestyle! So here’s giving 7 gals a break, and applause for their really well put together looks.
- Anne Hathaway gets it so right in her ultra simple and stylish turtleneck black sheath – she pairs it with black heels and a black clutch with just simple studs. Her make-up is powerful – a clean complexion with darkened brows, rosy cheeks and a dark red lipstick. Boldly feminine all through.
- Loved this black number of Charlize Theron – it’s a girlie LBD and she carried it off to perfection. She shows of a great tan, has her hair side-swept into a bun – studs in her ears and some bangles in her watch hand look pretty. The makeup is a tad beachy – coral pink lips with plenty bronzer. Oh, and love those heels.
- Elizabeth Olsen is not a fashion favourite of mine – but I do like the picture she paints with this red and black cape dress. The side swept curls add some dimension – the makeup is classic Hollywood – lined eyes and soft red lips. I love the fact that she kept the red to accents and wore black heels. Stylish and not OTT at all.
- Emma Roberts is perhaps what every girl want to look like at her prom night or first date out – incredibly feminine and pretty – the black frock dress is just right for her. The beachy waves with muted black clutch and heels and makeup that’s barely there – perfect!
- Gemma Arterton looks oh-so-pretty in this black not-so-little tube dress. The smokey eyes with a nude coral lipstick match her blush and radiant complexion – the oxblood nail paint and the neon green clutch is oh-so-stylish.
- And then there’s Lily Collins – she probably breathes stylishly too! Her dark brows highlight her soft feminine looks and she dresses up in the same sartorial style – her dress is a mix of the bold and the feminine. Paired with peep-toe shoes and a black clutch, she’s looks pixie-like.
- Finally we come to Victoria Beckham aka Posh, the fairer half of the Posh-and-Becks. Trust her to do something off the rack with an LBD. Though her reed-thin figure and sculpted face is not what I dub as wholesome beauty, she still is extremely stylish. Her shiny LBD coupled with barely-there accessories look super.
So that’s my list? Do let me know yours! Happy Sunday – and here’s wishing you the best for your quest for that LBD – the sales are just about over!
Fab makeup to go with your LBD
Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Split Stick : Discover your inner makeup artist with these Split Sticks.Blend-able to achieve your perfect shade, these unique dual colour lipsticks offer a fusion of colours at your fingertips. Each shade changes according to your body chemistry for a truly personalized lip colour. CLICK HERE to view product
SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl : Eye makeup can be tricky but a stroke of genius can put you at ease. Add to that intense black colour and soft creamy texture and you know you’ve been hooked for life. We’re on about SUGAR Stroke of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl – a waterproof Kohl pencil that can add pretty to your eyes in a single swipe. Its wax-based formula spreads evenly and lasts for up to 8 hours. Not just that, it comes with a free sharpener to ensure your eye makeup is always on point. CLICK HERE to view product
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view product