Published on May 17th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
How to: Make The Most Of Your Eye Shadow Palette
We all have palettes, but often it’s those two or three shades we use, leaving the rest untouched. Here’s how to make the most of your palette!
Move away from that favoured blue, purple or pink for a change. To create a beautifully layered eye make-up, here are 5 simple steps that will make you use 5 eyeshadows from that palette of yours!
The power of 5!
Start with a clean, washed face primed with foundation. Ensure you put on foundation on the lids too to create a base for the eyeshadow to stay on longer.
- Begin with the sheerest shade of all (taupe, nude or the palest pink) in your palette and apply it from your lash line to brow bone.
- Next apply something with a little more colour to just your lid (anything from a light brown to grey).
- Go one shade darker and apply this in the crease of your eyelid as well as the outside corner of your eye.
- Finish off with the darkest hue or with a jewel tone and line along your lashline. You can even wet a make-up brush with a little water and then paint on the shadow like an eye liner for a more precise application.
- Finally dab the highlighter (any sparkly pale shadow) along your brow bone and in the inner corner of each eye.
Five shadow shades used and your eyes will speak volumes with them!
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl : Eye makeup can be tricky but a stroke of genius can put you at ease. Add to that intense black colour and soft creamy texture and you know you’ve been hooked for life. We’re on about SUGAR Stroke of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl – a waterproof Kohl pencil that can add pretty to your eyes in a single swipe. Its wax-based formula spreads evenly and lasts for up to 8 hours. Not just that, it comes with a free sharpener to ensure your eye makeup is always on point. CLICK HERE to view the product
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view the product
Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara : Bourjois goes beyond glamour with our new Volume Glamour Max mascara for 10 x more volume* and 16 hours hold**its full, rounded contact blush with ultra soft fibres coat and plump upevery lash to give your lashes the BIG WOWfactor! Enriched with black pearl extract for deep black, luminous lashes and visibly boosted volume for 16 hours long! CLICK HERE to view the product