Published on May 18th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Beauty Benefits : Castor Oil
Extracted from castor beans, this oil is known for its health benefits since ancient times. However, it not only heals you from within but also serves as a one-stop-solution to skin and hair problems ranging from blemishes, stretch marks, pigmentation to hair fall or scalp-related troubles.
Castor oil is undoubtedly one of the best ‘tonics’ for the skin. It has properties that help in cleansing, moisturizing, detoxifying, and softening the skin. It also provides the skin its much-needed nourishment; and wards off abrasions and irritation with its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Some of the known beauty benefits of castor oil include:
- Youthful Skin: It lends you a youthful look by fighting the signs of aging such as dark spots. Apply castor oil on the age spots and gently massage in a circular motion. Before you know, the age spots will be gone like they were never there.
- Moisturizing and Cleansing: The properties of castor oil closely resemble that of natural oils present in our skin. Treating your skin with castor oil on a regular basis helps in exfoliating the skin pores and restoring natural moisture.
- Wrinkle-free: Massaging your skin with castor oil long enough to let it seep in can greatly reduce the presence of wrinkles and fine lines. Make it a bedtime skin care routine for a supple skin.
- Removing moles: Castor oil is an effective and hassle-free way to getting rid of unwanted moles on your body. Make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of baking soda in castor oil and apply it on the mole. Regular application will gradually make the mole wither away.
- Stretch marks: Stretch marks can make even the sexiest pair of legs look unflattering. You can use castor oil to do away with these hideous marks. For best results, mix in a little bit of almond oil and massage on the affected area.
- Hair Growth and Conditioning: Castor oil is known to promote hair growth and is often used to treat chronic hair-fall and onset of baldness. Apply it on the scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes before shampooing. The fatty acids present in castor oil work as great conditioning agents. To condition apply it on your hair for at least 30 minutes before washing off.
Where to Look for Castor Oil?
For its many benefits to the body and skin, castor oil is referred to as ‘wonder oil’. The icing on the cake is that it is readily available and inexpensive. You can pick castor oil off supermarket aisles, buy it at pharmacy stores, or just order it online. When buying castor oil for skin care, it is best to invest in cold pressed or virgin castor oil. If this aspect is not specified in the product detail, you are better off giving it a pass. It is best to invest in a quality product to provide your skin the nourishment it needs.
FAB BAG PICKS
Bioderma Sensibio H20 : Sensibio H2O is the 1st and only dermatological micellar water perfectly compatible with the skin: its fatty acid esters, the constituent elements of micelles, are similar to the phospholipids of the skin cell membranesand naturally help rebuild the skins hydrolipidic film.Winner Of Cosmopolitan Beauty Award Winner 2013: Best Cleanser. CLICK HERE to view the product
Kronokare Bust The Bad Stuff Anti Dandruff Hair Oil : Don’t be a flake! This oil, a 100% natural blend of lemon, tea tree and peppermint extracts is the perfect product to say bye-bye to unwanted dandruff and an unhappy scalp. What’s more is a high concentration of Vitamin E, a nourishing ingredient that will really add to the glee. CLICK HERE to view the product
Votre Body Polishing Oil : The enrich oil is a blend of herbs, Rosemary Oil & carrier oils; it works as a body polisher; improves blood circulation.: It helps in detoxification & stress relief. Ideal for Spa-like body toning & body polishing. CLICK HERE to view the product