Published on May 29th, 2017 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Pamper Yourself: Beauty Routine
Ask any woman juggling home and work, and she’ll confirm that what she most looks forward to is some elusive ‘me’ time. Make the most of it on a weekend…
After trudging along the desert sands of drudgery for five long work days, you’ve finally found yourself on the transient shores of that oasis called The Weekend. Special attractions in this short vacation from adult life could include a long-awaited spot of shopping, brunch with friends, the latest blockbuster, and perhaps dinner with the family? But among all this hustle bustle, take out some me time to be the cynosure of all eyes on manic Monday…
8 am: Drink up
Beauty begins on the inside, so start your weekend by cleansing your system. Sip on a tumbler of hot water with honey and the juice of one lemon. If you’re feeling enterprising enough, make yourself a detox smoothie for breakfast.
10 am: Face it
Juggling chores with office, tackling mid-week stress and all the hurried commutes in between don’t add up to a glowing countenance. Your mind adjusts miraculously fast from mid-week monotony to weekend euphoria, but you face may get left behind. How about a indulging yourself with a divine DIY home facial? Here’s how:
- Wash your face well using a cleansing lotion or a face wash.
- Take some cleansing milk and dab gently and evenly over your face with a cotton ball.
- Expose your face to steam for about 2 minutes. Arm yourself with a good deep-pore scrub and massage well to get rid of dirt and grime.
- Take some honey and indulge your skin with a good, sweet rub.
- Wash it off and apply a store-bought mask. Leave on till it dries. Peel it off or wash off.
- Use rose water for that final cleanse and to get rid of any leftover traces of product.
- Use a toner. Massage with some anti-ageing cream or apply serum to round it off.
12 noon: Shine ‘on’
Now turn your attention to the rest of your body. While scrubbing the household paraphernalia inevitably finds its way into our weekday chores, weekends should be reserved for scrubbing of a different, more indulgent kind.
- Steam up the shower and take a warm bath.
- Rub yourself down well with olive oil, and let your skin soak in its goodness for a few minutes.
- Taking some sugar, rub it into your skin in gentle but firm circular motion. After a while, wash off the scrub. Else, make your own scrub using one cup of brown sugar and half a cup of jojoba oil, or 10 teaspoons of brown sugar in 2 mashed strawberries.
- No need to rinse out the oil – the residue will be soaked up by your parched skin.
- Pat yourself dry with a towel, taking care not to rub hard, lest you undo the polish.
- While you’re at it, spare a thought for those rough and unhappy-looking knees, soles and elbows. Apply Vaseline on these areas for a while. Then scrub gently with a pumice stone. Rubbing darkened areas with halved lemons also helps.
2 pm: Un-condition-al
Everyone’s asleep, and it’s the best time for a quiet, relaxing hot oil massage for that bedraggled mane. There’s nothing like oil to penetrate, nourish and deep condition your hair. Once you’re done, get some beauty sleep.
6 pm: Hands on
The phone has started ringing, and your inbox is receiving hectic SMSes with last-minute plans. Hold on: you’re just a manicure away from perfection. Remove old nail polish, and soak your hands in a mug of lukewarm water. With your nail clippers, chip them into neatly, snip off hangnails, file them into shape. Use cuticle cream or oil to soften cuticles further. Find your ‘weapon’ of choice from the kit and push back your cuticles. If your nails have taken on a yellowish hue, soak them in lemon juice for a few minutes (and do give up smoking). Use a scrub and exfoliate your hands, and use a thick hand cream to give yourself a nice long hand massage. Wait till it’s absorbed, and apply fresh new coat of nail paint. Flaunt them at dinner!
8 pm: Time Up
Slip into that flattering dress, do your make-up, slip on some comfy shoes, take that self-congratulatory snapshot, and head out for some fun.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Insta Glow Almond Complexion Pack : This face pack instantly rejuvenates and revitalizes a dry dehydrated and mature skin, with a difference you can see and feel giving it a much smoother appearance and an even complexion tone. The anti-inflammatory properties of the herbs coupled with the purifying action of fullers earth and the antioxidant and nourishing properties of almonds help to restore the natural glow of the skin. Excessively dry skin can be benefited by thinning the paste with raw milk, milk cream or honey. CLICK HERE to view the product
The Nature’s Co Coffee Face Scrub : Exfoliates skin; Removes the upper, dead layer of skin; Anti-microbial & antioxidant; Gives a healthy and instant glow. Pamper the coffee lover in you with our invigorating Coffee Face Scrub. It is full of anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that sloughs dead skin, boosts circulation and imparts an instant radiant glow. Wet your face and neck, massage using light circular motions. Rinse off and pat skin dry. Can be used daily. Go ahead and get addicted! CLICK HERE to view the product
Johara Instant Radiance Face Scrub : It is formulated with natural exfoliating ultra-fine walnut grains and a blend of lemon peel extract and neem oil to gently slough off dull skin layers, remove impurities and promote natural cell exfoliation. Brighten up lackluster skin with this creamy formula enriched with Cococin™ CG , a nutrient rich extract from green tender coconut water to rejuvenate skin to leave skin feeling clean, smooth and toned for a simply radiant complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product