Published on May 30th, 2017 | by Sharmila Chand
Monsoon Ready Hairstyles
To begin with, ensure that in the monsoons, your hair is hydrated with the right hair products. Use a moisturizing or hydrating shampoo and choose styling products without alcohol. Don’t shampoo everyday but apply a gentle conditioner at the ends and wash off for soft hair. Use a deep conditioner once a week; it will help tame the frizzies.
Let the weather be lousy, but who says your cascading, frizzed-up waves have to be? Try these hairstyles that take frizzy hair from oof to oomph!
- A messy hair-do: Don’t go bananas trying to straighten your hair, embrace the frizz with a stylish messy look. Run some mousse through your hair and then leave the strands loose to frame your face. Flaunt your nice, beach-natural look!
- A ballerina bun: Bring back those pink tutu days – comb your hair back into a slick ponytail or tight ballerina bun and finish it off with some spray to hold it in place. The ballerina bun is a smart way to camouflage unruly hair.
- Sock it: Sock buns are the perfect hairstyle for a rainy day! All the celebs do it, and with messy hair, it looks even better!
- Braid it: Braiding is one of the easiest ways to keep frizzy hair under control. If your hair is super long, bring it all to one side and make a nice lose side braid. It can definitely amp up your oomph factor.
- A cover up: If you don’t have time to tame your frizzy hair, you still have a great style to embrace. Pick up a pretty scarf or wrap and tie in a stylish manner. Scarves can be flirty, exotic or dramatic, depending on how you wear them.
- Pixie short: If your hair is short, grab some trendy headbands. Let them accentuate your hair in coordination to your dress. It is neat, cute and easy to carry look.
- To keep the volume in your hair on a wet day, forgo hair spray and try using mousse. The moisture in the mousse will prep your hair for rainy weather and, unlike spray, won’t give in at the first sight of a drizzle.
- Avoid brushing too much. Run wet fingers through dry hair. Because frizzy hair is dry, running a wet hand through your hair will help.
- Touch up the tips of hair with a protein rich conditioner. Dilute it with water and apply to tips of hair with fingers. This should tame the frizzier ends.
FAB HAIR PRODUCTS:
Just Herbs Kumuda Indian White Water Lily Silicon Free Conditioner : While regular conditioners may provide an instant smoothening effect, they may also cause silicones (commonly used conditioning agents in mass market products) to get deposited in your hair making it greasy or heavy. Just Herbs gentle hair conditioners are free from silicones and smoothen and nourish dull and damaged hair without causing build-up in your strands. Vibhitaka, Indian Gooseberry (Amla), Bhringraj and hibiscus are known in Ayurveda for promoting hair health and stimulating growth while Fenugreek (Methi) helps fight hair thinning and hair-fall. The fragrant Kumuda or Indian white waterlilly adds elasticity, volume and body to brittle hair. CLICK HERE to view the product
RUSK Being Undressed Gloss : The ultimate cross-dresser, this versatile hair styling product is a pomade, a wax and a conditioning treatment all in one that leaves hair feeling miraculously product free. Add incredible shine and texture, while giving hair humidity-resistant hold and UV protection, with RUSK Being Undressed’ Gloss. Adds shine and texture while providing humidity-resistant hold and UV protection. Leaves hair feeling like there’s nothing on it! CLICK HERE to view the product
Kaya Hair Health Gel : With Protein, Mineral & Vitamin Complex Hair Health Gel is specifically formulated to reach the hair at its root and help control hair loss. Its innovative protein, mineral and vitamin complex promotes hair growth and stronger healthier hair. Special herbal extracts like Saw Palmetto, Gingkobiloba and Hibiscus nourish the hair from within. CLICK HERE to view the products