Published on June 15th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Dark Joints: Not anymore
Reasons galore, but dark patchy joints – be it elbows, knees or ankles can quite ruin the day. This is a perennial problem with many, so much so that at times you may refuse to step into a mini just because your knees look bad. Here are some common sense cures, natural remedies as well as retail therapy to help you combat it all.
Every Day Cures:
- Pay special attention to scrubbing your joints every day. It’s easy for dead skin to build up there, as the skin is thicker at joints.
- Every time you bleach your face, apply a little bleach on your joints too. It tends to lighten skin a bit.
- Run lemon juice over the darkened areas and you’ll see a lightening of the skin within a week.
- Use AHA-based scrubs over the area for faster and more efficient exfoliation.
Remedies from the Kitchen
- Olive oil and Salt Scrub: While olive oil acts as a natural moisturiser and hydrates the dry blotches on your knees, knuckles and elbows, salt is a natural scrubber that exfoliates dry skin. A plus on this will be few drops of lemon, which is natural bleach. Prepare this mixture and smear on. Leave on for a few minutes and wash off for skin that lightens over time.
- Sugar and Coconut Oil scrub: Make it a part of your regular regime to use a scrub made from sugar and coconut oil on the dark patches. Mix coarse granules of white sugar with coconut oil in a 1:2 ration and apply on the blotchy spots. Now rub gently in circular motion for a couple of seconds and then wash off. While sugar granules will make the areas smooth, coconut oil will lighten and hydrate them.
- Yogurt and Almond Powder Paste: Who hasn’t heard of the natural youth enhancer – almond? But many might not have known till date that almond paste works wonders on dark, patchy elbows, knuckles and knees too! The natural oil present in it is rich in Vitamin E. Thus, together with making the patchy skin smooth it lightens the same and unclogs the dead cells. You can augment its power by adding a spoonful of yogurt to it. The acids in yogurt will serve additionally as natural bleach. Apply this paste, keep on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off.
FAB BAG PICKS:
Natural Bath & Body Dead Sea Salt Scrub : Extracted from the densely therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea, the salts in this indulgent scrub are bursting with health-enhancing minerals and nutrients. Soaked in a pool of cold-pressed Almond oil, virgin olive oil, juniper berry and other essential oils, these soothing salts gently buff away dead cells and cleanse the skin, leaving it glowing and visibly smooth. A natural astringent, Juniper Berry oil helps to relieve stress and promotes blood circulation. Additionally, it’s bracing aroma and anti-inflammatory properties leave you feeling absolutely detoxified and invigorated. CLICK HERE to view the product
The Nature’s Co. Hazelnut Sugar Scrub : Quick penetrating; Natural exfoliant; Rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins; It even contains tannins that have toning, astringent & healing properties. For all Skin types All you need to do for beautiful, smooth skin is scrub. Quick penetrating Hazelnut Sugar Body Scrub contains Brown Sugar which is a natural exfoliant and Hazelnut oil that is rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins. CLICK HERE to view product
SeaSoul Scrub Candle : Renew, Refresh & Restore with our scrumptious body scrub candles; enriched with 100% pure Dead Sea minerals & salts, vitamins A, B, C, E & F ‘removes tan much faster & leaves the skin hydrated & rejuvenated. CLICK HERE to view the product