Published on June 26th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Beauty From Kitchen: Beetroot
The ‘heal all’ health benefits and high nutritional value of beets have been apparent since ancient times and now this ‘super food’ has become a rage with beauty enthusiasts around the world…
You don’t think twice before splurging big on a beauty treatment in your quest for flawless skin or youthful looks; however, more often than not the secret to that enviable beauty is sitting pretty on your kitchen shelf, unnoticed. One such commonly found wonder produce that can add that ‘oomph’ factor to your beauty quotient is beetroot.
Beauty Benefits of Beets
In a nutshell, beetroot is a great skin cleansing agent. Including beets in your daily diet is a sure-shot way to improve your skin’s health and lend it an unmatched glow. Besides, the essential vitamins such as Vitamin A and E work wonderfully in containing and reducing skin ageing. Some of the other beauty benefits include:
- Anti-ageing: Given their high folate content, beetroot lends protection against ageing by stimulating the repair of damaged cells and production of new healthy ones. It is also a rich source of carotenoids and Vitamin A that prevent muscular degeneration with progressing age.
- Detoxification: Betanin content of beetroot acts as a great detoxifying agent for the body. It expels harmful toxins out of the body, thereby not only reducing the risk of life-threatening diseases like cancer but also leaving the skin replenished. It also fights harmful effects of lifestyle related factors such as smoking and pollution on the skin.
- Anti-oxidants: Beets are rich in anti-oxidants that are known to make the skin look youthful and supple.
- Anti-Inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory properties of beetroot are helpful in curbing and curing chronic acne problems. It not only helps in healing the existing acne but also prevents them from recurring.
- Glowing skin: The nitrates present in beetroot enhance blood flow to all parts of the body; and improved blood flow is important to keep the skin firm and glowing.
- Beetroot heals the body and increases the beauty quotient not only from within, but also on the outside. Working up a beetroot facial mask can instantly bring a world of a difference to your appearance.
- Beetroot tends to leave stains, which means it is a natural dying agent. To cover your grey hair – or to give yourself an easy makeover – use a mix of beetroot juice and henna powder. It will lend a very defined yet subtle auburn tinge to the hair, without footing the bill of an expensive saloon treating or fretting about chemicals ruining the hair texture.
- Facial masks can be made by mixing beetroot juice with other natural ingredients such as coconut oil, carrots, cucumber or papaya. Beets add a pinkish hue to your complexion that is instantly visible. You can add beetroot juice to your regular home facial masks, and see the difference.
FAB BAG PICKS
Naked Citrusy Tangerine Bath/Body Salt Scrub : Your jar of Naked organics has been especially handmade for you with lots of love. Salt is a wonderful aura & chakra cleanser, making this grounding Scrub the perfect way to wash off the day. Oils emulsify with the water on your body, leaving your skin perfectly moist. CLICK HERE to view product
Votre Cellutone Oil : Cellulite is a term to describe the fat deposits under the skin that outwardly give the skin a dimpled or orange-peel like appearance, especially in area such s the hips, thighs, arms etc. The key remedy for fighting cellulite is detoxifying the body through bioactive ingredients(All skin types)Votre Cellutone oil is a formula which works wonders on body cellulite prone area to give a toned and firm appearance. CLICK HERE to view product
The Nature’s Co. Hazelnut Sugar Scrub : Quick penetrating; Natural exfoliant; Rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins; It even contains tannins that have toning, astringent & healing properties. For all Skin types All you need to do for beautiful, smooth skin is scrub. Quick penetrating Hazelnut Sugar Body Scrub contains Brown Sugar which is a natural exfoliant and Hazelnut oil that is rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins. CLICK HERE to view product
To experience the benefits of beetroot on your body and skin, add raw beetroot to your daily portion of salad, have them steamed or roasted, or include a glass of beetroot juice to your diet.