Published on June 28th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Get That Perfect Pout!
From lips don’t talk to lips that do, from lips of an angel to them devil lips – songs, poems and the cynosure of every gaze, are a woman’s lips. Dressed in reds, oranges, pinks, purples or browns – a gorgeous pout can silence many a thin lip – so here’s how to get those fantastic lips – like rose petals.
- Exfoliate: Lip are skin, delicate skin, but skin nonetheless. And skin needs to be exfoliated to get rid of the dead skin cells and reveal the brighter, smoother layer beneath. So how do you exfoliate lips? Obviously, not via harsh scrubs! Instead, slather your lips with Vaseline, Boroline or your favourite lip balm – and gently massage with a soft-bristled toothbrush for 2-3 minutes, Wipe off for a noticeably smoother pout.
- Moisture: Next to biting or worrying lips, the worst thing you can do is keep licking them. Saliva drying on the lips dries out lips further – causing them to develop unsightly cracks, fissures and dryness. Keep a lip balm handy – or just make do with Vaseline or Boroline if need be – and apply a layer every time you feel them stretch or just the urge to go licky-licky.
- Sun Protect? Are we kidding – nope! Skin needs to be sun protected. And the skin on the lips is much thinner so yes, they too need their dose of SPF. How? Use SPF-enriched lip balms or lipsticks that offer you a dose of the sun, albeit under cover!
- Foundation: We kid you not. A moisturising foundation, applied thinly onto your pout, before you got for that lip colour – fills in those cracks, and creates an adhesive base for the colour – the colour lasts and so does the smoothness.
- Plump up: Need bee-stung lips to really catch some attention? Try rubbing mint toothpaste on your lips – tingly lips means plumped out lips. Another remedy is to mix in honey, olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Rub this mixture on your lips – lips will tingle and look plumper.
FAB Lipsticks we love
SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) : If excellent coverage and high colour pay-off is what gets you going, you will absolutely love the Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick from SUGAR Cosmetics. Available in 11 gorgeous shades to suit your taste & your ever-changing mood, the SUGAR matte lip crayon is a super long-lasting lipstick that’s highly pigmented so you don’t have to worry about constant re-application. This must-have crayon lipstick has a soft texture with a silky matte finish. CLICK HERE to view the product
Flormar Revolution Lipstick : Created in 1950 in Milan, Flormar is now a part of the French cosmetics group, Yves Rocher. Available in 70 countries, it is the market leader in Turkey. Revolution is their premium lipstick containing shea butter, cocoa, olives, a super pigment and easy 8 hr staying power. CLICK HERE to view the product