Published on July 4th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
How To: Ideal Lashes
No pumping the wand, a maximum of three coats and do wiggle your hand… Sounds Greek? Mascara application can be simple – here’s how to get the most out of your tube!
The thing about mascara is that it’s not so much the kind that counts but the precision with which you apply it. Here are some tips and tricks that will leave you lashes that set hearts aflutter…
- Applying two or even three coats of mascara simply means that you apply them one after another, “before” they dry. If you apply another coat of mascara on a dried one, the only result you will get is clumping!
- If you want to use both lengthening and curling mascara, you can! Use the lengthening mascara as first coat followed by a quick coat of curling mascara.
- To get glob-free lashes, you can run a lash comb or if that’s too much effort a clean and recycled mascara wand to pick off any excess deposit.
- To get lusher lashes, concentrate on wiggling the wand at the base of the lashes – that’s where the maximum product should be. Always wiggle the wand as you pull it toward the end of the lashes – wiggling separates the lashes and avoids clumping.
- Coloured mascara is good… Black works for everyone but can be a bit harsh for the day. Blue and purple mascara looks great on brown/black eyes.
- Most of the mascara should come on your upper lashes for a facelift. If you have to apply it to the lower lashes, make it a light touch.
- Finally, do let the mascara dry out before you open those peepers wide lest you get mascara dot all over the upper lid – I have rather long and curled lashes so this a common problem I face. Just keep those eyes shut for 2-3 minutes and then lightly touch the lash to see if the mascara has dried.
Makeup we love:
SUGAR Lash Mob Limitless Mascara : The SUGAR LASH MOB LIMITLESS MASCARA is free from parabens, talc and artificial fragrances. Easy removal with warm water loosens the film and allows the formula to slide off easily. With no rubbing required, your natural lashes are left unharmed. It is made in Italy & currently available in the shade “01 Black With A Bang”. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal-01 Black Velvet : SUGAR Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal – Black Velvet is an easy-to-apply black kajal eye pencil. This dark kajal gives an intense black finish and can also be used as kajal eyeliner. This multi-use product combines the benefits of kajal with that of gel eyeliner and does not fade or smear for more than 10 hours. No sharpening required – it’s the best kajal any girl could ask for! Made in Europe, this dark black kajal is free of mineral oil, paraffin, preservatives and parabens which makes it safe to use on the waterline and lash line. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR Eye Told You So! Smudgeproof Eyeliner – Black Swan : SUGAR Eye Told You So! Smudgeproof Eyeliner – Black Swan is an easy to apply eyeliner that gives a silky matte finish. Quick drying & smudge proof, this matte smudgeproof eyeliner is sweat resistant and lasts up to 24 hours. Some fans call it their best dark black eyeliner ever! Made in Europe, it is Parabens and formaldehyde free. CLICK HERE to view the product