Published on July 7th, 2017 | by Sharmila Chand
Messy Monsoon Hairstyles
To begin with, ensure that in the monsoons, your hair is hydrated with the right hair products. Use a moisturizing or hydrating shampoo and choose styling products without alcohol. Don’t shampoo everyday but apply a gentle conditioner at the ends and wash off for soft hair. Use a deep conditioner once a week; it will help tame the frizzies.
Let the weather be lousy, but who says your cascading, frizzed-up waves have to be? Try these hairstyles that take frizzy hair from oof to oomph!
- A messy hair-do: Don’t go bananas trying to straighten your hair, embrace the frizz with a stylish messy look. Run some mousse through your hair and then leave the strands loose to frame your face. Flaunt your nice, beach-natural look!
- A ballerina bun: Bring back those pink tutu days – comb your hair back into a slick ponytail or tight ballerina bun and finish it off with some spray to hold it in place. The ballerina bun is a smart way to camouflage unruly hair.
- Sock it: Sock buns are the perfect hairstyle for a rainy day! All the celebs do it, and with messy hair, it looks even better!
- Braid it: Braiding is one of the easiest ways to keep frizzy hair under control. If your hair is super long, bring it all to one side and make a nice lose side braid. It can definitely amp up your oomph factor.
- A cover up: If you don’t have time to tame your frizzy hair, you still have a great style to embrace. Pick up a pretty scarf or wrap and tie in a stylish manner. Scarves can be flirty, exotic or dramatic, depending on how you wear them.
- Pixie short: If your hair is short, grab some trendy headbands. Let them accentuate your hair in coordination to your dress. It is neat, cute and easy to carry look.
- To keep the volume in your hair on a wet day, forgo hair spray and try using mousse. The moisture in the mousse will prep your hair for rainy weather and, unlike spray, won’t give in at the first sight of a drizzle.
- Avoid brushing too much. Run wet fingers through dry hair. Because frizzy hair is dry, running a wet hand through your hair will help.
- Touch up the tips of hair with a protein rich conditioner. Dilute it with water and apply to tips of hair with fingers. This should tame the frizzier ends.
FAB HAIR PRODUCTS:
The Wet Brush by Roots – America’s No.1 after-shower detangling mini brush : The most amazing after-shower mini brush for ever that lets you go from wash to style without a fight. Its strong yet flexible Intelliflex bristles detangle hair in a single stroke without pulling. They glide through the knots as they bend and turn to ensure no discomfort while detangling. Whereas its SofTip polytips are gentle on scalp and don’t tug at hair. Available in styles, sizes and colours for the entire family. CLICK HERE to view the product
Sebastian Shaper Fierce : Shaper Fierce is the hairspray with extra muscle keeps your hair where you want it. Whether you’re in the city or on the run way. Hold that volume, texture or pinned-up style in place, and radiant against the odds. CLICK HERE to view the product
The Nature’s Co. Barley Volumising Shampoo : Nourishes and volumizes the hair; Removes excess oil and impurities to reveal a fuller & healthier head of hair. Put the bounce back into your hair with the goodness of Barley. It is rich in pro-vitamin B5 which strengthens and nourishes the hair shaft and root. Its anti-oxidant and protective properties remove excess oil and impurities to reveal a fuller, healthier head of hair. CLICK HERE to view the product