Published on July 10th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Skincare: Absolute Don’ts!
We’ve spoken plenty about what to do when it comes to skin care, but how about what not to do!
- To bed, with make-up: Gasp, ack, omigod; you sinner you! Get the message, right? Falling into bed with “dirty” skin – be it dirt or make-up particles is one of the biggest skin sins you can do. Why? Well, dirty skin cannot breathe, heal or repair itself at night – make this a habit and your skin will age much faster than you do… To make cleansing easier, find a product that can be gently massaged into the skin and wiped off.
- SPF, no thanks: Sin number one, two and three! Again, this is a BIG skin no-no – the sun ages our skin the fastest. All that lovely tan and bronzed skin means you will probably look like leather a decade later. So do buy that big bottle of SPF and then buy that SPF-tinted moisturizer and BB cream. Layer sun protection to maximise protection.
- Scrub-a-dub-too-much: Squeaky clean is not healthy skin and neither is a reddened or burning skin after your exfoliation – you are then probably using too harsh products or just using them too often. That home-use microdermbrasion is to be used according to pack directions – use it once too often and you are stripping skin off before it has started to repair itself – this will only add to your woes – not the smooth complexion you so lust after.
- Fidgety Queen: Popping pimples, squeezing blackheads, pressing whiteheads – seem similar? Well then we’re sure that blemishes are too one of your top skin woes. Inflammations, acne and other pore problems need expert care – get regular cleans-ups at your salon and ask them to recommend a few good supportive products for you. Picking your skin can cause inflammation that can also lead to scarring.
- Multi-tasking, a tad much: Face products are meant for the face and body products are meant for the body – a sometime substitute is okay but not all the time. Skin tissue on our body is thicker than the skin on the face, be sure to use face-specific products to treat the delicate skin.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Advanced Ayurvedic Pimple Treatment : A synergistic blend of biologically active Indian herbs to regulate the excess flow of sebum, control the growth of bacterial population and the associated inflammations (redness). Neem, has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties while sandalwood, turmeric and orange peel soothe the inflamed skin and help the skin to naturally eliminate toxins. Effectively flushes out every trace of bacteria, grime, and excess oil from clogged pores thus preventing the formation of black or white heads and the consequent pore enlargement. It works hard on pimples deep down to soothe and heal the troubled skin from within. CLICK HERE to view the product
SkinYoga Green Tea Face Mask : Inspired from the ancient Japanese skincare regime, this green tea based, antioxidant rich face mask slows aging and wrinkles. This is a 100 percent natural acne control formula that removes toxins from your skin and gives you a more youthful appearance. Organic Green Tea works as a very effective sun guard and acne control agent. Rice flour acts as a natural whitening agent and adds glow to the skin. CLICK HERE to view the product
The Nature’s Co Coffee Face Scrub : Exfoliates skin; Removes the upper, dead layer of skin; Anti-microbial & antioxidant; Gives a healthy and instant glow. Pamper the coffee lover in you with our invigorating Coffee Face Scrub. It is full of anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that sloughs dead skin, boosts circulation and imparts an instant radiant glow. Wet your face and neck, massage using light circular motions. Rinse off and pat skin dry. Can be used daily. Go ahead and get addicted! CLICK HERE to view the product