Published on July 13th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Being a rather harried work-from-home mommy has its funny moments, including running out of beauty product at the nth hour. So here are some of my favourite substitutes and face savers!
Once you hit 30, while age is not so much an issue, tiredness certainly is. Lack of sleep, heavy dinners, or just overall fatigue can really show on your face and make you look a little haggard. So here are my face savers:
- Ice, ice baby: Run an ice cube all over the face! If that sounds a bit extreme, then just splash your face with lots of cold water, right from the refrigerator door! Cold water revitalizes the skin, reduces any puffiness and puts that sparkle back in your eye.
- Cold, cold drops: Keep your serum in the refrigerator, the night before. Your skin gets a further tingly boost from cold serum, as opposed to a room temperature one.
- Flush with blush: Nothing like bespoke rosy cheeks to bring back the first flush of youth. But omigod, you’re out of blush? No need to panic – you can do two things here. Raid your lipstick cabinet for that shimmer red, pink or even fuschia to really let your cheeks shine (I have used the Flormar DC31 rather successfully!). Else, for a more natural “tint” – slice up a beet and rub gently on your cheeks. Let it be for 5-10 minutes and then wash off, pat (not rub) dry for softly and naturally tinted cheeks…
With the current lifestyle and genetics going a tad awry, early graying is now a norm. So sometimes, you might just realize that your party night out, is being offset by those shiny strands in your hair! So what to do?
- Band it: Bring back those whirly, sparkly cloth bands that you rejected for a more “mature” look! Try using a “double” hair band – once goes on in the front and the other goes back to create a little pouf.
- Braid it: Grecian braids that adorn the crown of your hair should make it all okay.
- Hide it: If the grays are few and far between, just run a bit of your mascara on the strands – dab with a tissue to avoid any clumping!
FAB BAG PICKS
SeaSoul Hydra Mineral Cream Cleanser : A lightweight, hydrating & soothing cleanser contains Squalane-nourishes & infuses Omega 3 into the Skin. Dead Sea Algae-minimizes pores, detoxifies & brightens the skin. Grapefruit-remove makeup, daily residue and excess oil leaving skin fresh, hydrated & revitalized. CLICK HERE to view the product
Just Herbs Fruity Firmskin Skin Radiance Cream : A luxurious fruit delight, packed with the natural fruit vitamins, regenerating anti-oxidants and anti-aging agents, to help guard the skin against the oxidative stressors. Grapeseed and carrot seed oils rich in essential fatty acids required for reducing transepidermal water loss, help restore the hydro lipid film and rejuvenate the skin. A regular massage with this high performance cream, keeps the skin well nourished with a natural healthy radiance. CLICK HERE to view the product
Kaya Brightening & Firm Eye Serum : It contains asynergetic active complex of soy and rice peptides, Yeast protein, Hyluronic acid and seaweed extract. This potent combination targets puffiness and discoloration and enhances firmness around the eyes. CLICK HERE to view the product