Published on July 28th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Kitchen Secrets: Gram Flour
No fancy skin care product will replace the old age beauty secrets that have been passed down by your grandmother… Besan (gram flour) is one such ingredient, the secrets of which, I am sure will be passed by you someday to your daughters and granddaughters. Let’s give you a quick peek into our list of favorite besan-ed beauty tricks.
1. For Oily Skin: Mix 1 tbsp besan, ½ tbsp curd, ½ tbsp honey and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it evenly on your face and neck. Massage for 2 minutes and leave it to dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Do this once a week and see the difference as besan clears up that oil.
2. Combination Skin: Repeat the same mixture but skip the turmeric powder. Also replace the curd with milk if your skin is prone to dryness. This will balance the natural oils without stripping your skin of it.
3. Dry Skin: Mix ½ tbsp besan, 1tbsp cream and ½ tbsp honey. Apply evenly but wash off in 5-7 minutes while still damp. Take some rose water and wipe your face; follow up with moisturiser for skin that really soaks in all the goodness.
Some TLC for the body:
As we said besan is an all rounder of an ingredient. To get your body skin happy, mix 5tbsp besan with half a bowl of full-fat milk (you can also add in some fruit pulp for added anti-oxidant benefits). Apply this paste on all over your body (Limit this indulgence to your washroom or an area that can be cleaned up easily.) Scrub for about 5 minutes and then leave on for another 10.
1. If you have oily skin, head straight to the shower and scrub off with a sponge or loofah with your hands. Don’t use soap or shower gel.
2. If you have dry skin, then take olive oil and start applying over the dried besan. The oil will moisten the besan enough for it to be sloughed off. Head for a shower and towel dry your body.
Your skin will be baby soft. Now cancel that spa appointment and take a siesta instead.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Apricot Sparkle Invigorating Skin Radiance Scrub : A specially formulated cream enriched with pure expressed oil of apricot kernels to unmask your true complexion by the gentle mechanical buffing action of Persian walnut shell grains , sloughing away dry , dead and flaky skin while stimulating cellular regeneration and allowing smoother and lively skin to surface. It helps dissolve the sebum build up to unclog the pores and to liven up dull skin. It effectively smoothes the rough patches of skin and even softens the hardened skin on the elbows and creates an even color tone to smoothen, purify and beautify complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product
SkinYoga Green Tea Face Mask : Inspired from the ancient Japanese skincare regime, this green tea based, antioxidant rich face mask slows aging and wrinkles. This is a 100 percent natural acne control formula that removes toxins from your skin and gives you a more youthful appearance. Organic Green Tea works as a very effective sun guard and acne control agent. Rice flour acts as a natural whitening agent and adds glow to the skin. CLICK HERE to view the product
Ananda Spa Gentle Cleansing Cream For Oily Skin : Nourishes and protects as it gently removes oil and pollution build up on the skin, its antiseptic nature balances the skin removing the blemish causing bacteria which linger on the surface of the skin. Basil helps to stimulate, increase regeneration and revitalise the skin. CLICK HERE to view the product