Published on August 2nd, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Blush For Beauty
If you thought blushes were more a make-up artist’s tool than something that you need in your kitty, you thought wrong…
- Colour: A colour that matches your cheeks when they’re flushed is the right one for you. For a quick test, “spank” your cheeks (best done in private) and use the resulting colour as a guide (you can swatch a few shades on your arm to match it). Another less painful trick is to match the blush to your lip colour.
- Consistency: Powder blushes are best for oily and combination skins while crème-based blushes work for dry skin. Liquids an gels go with almost all skins.
- Order: Usual order of application: foundation, eye make-up, blush and then lip colour. Sneak tip: Apply blush before foundation for a more “natural” look.
- Brush: All “doll-size” blush brushes that come in the pack need to be shown the boot. Use a professional full brush but don’t use the same brush you use for your powder.
- Chiselled cheekbones: Shade the underside of the cheekbone with a bronzer or dark blush, then add the blush to the apples of the cheek and on the cheekbone. Finally, illuminate the area above the cheekbone with a light blush, highlighter or simply translucent powder.
- OTT: If you’ve gone a bit heavy on the powder blush, dust a bit of translucent powder over it. For cream blush, blot the colour off with a tissue. However gel and liquid blush stain the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is it wipe off the make-up and restart all over again albeit sparingly.
FAB BAG PICKS:
Bellapierre Mineral Blush- 4gm : Discover fabulous, good-for-you cheek color. These creamy, super sheer all mineral blushes give you a beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural. Bellapierre Mineral Blush creates a soft, radiant glow for perfect fresh-faced rosy cheeks. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, bellapierre loose mineral blush is suitable for all skin types and conditions from oily skin to dry, mature types and even the most sensitive. CLICK HERE to view the product
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR As Nude As It Gets Spf15 Compact : When is makeup not really makeup? When is makeup seen only in the look of wonder on those around you and heard only in the compliments you receive for your strikingly radiant skin? To answer these, try out the much-awaited new SUGAR As Nude As It Gets SPF 15 Compact that gives your skin a natural, luminous yet matte finish with its ultra-lightweight velvet formulation. It’s difficult to predict what you’ll actually fall in love with more – its uber-portable design, its concealed sponge applicator or its weightless formulation that provides buildable coverage you’ll never do without again. Our guess? All these and more! CLICK HERE to view the product