Published on August 8th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Say No To Tired Eyes
Did you know that eyes move 100,000 times in the day? Considering the marathon we put them through, it’s no surprise that dealing with tired eyes has become a part and parcel of our lives. Besides looking grossly unpleasant, tired eyes can be quite problematic for the brain and overall functionality. So if itchiness, soreness, bloodshot and watery eyes are problems that sound familiar to your eyes, read on for some miracle fixes to bring the shine back.
Mostly a short-term ailment, tired eyes are caused by stress and fatigue. Muscles in our body tend to swell up if we are exhausted and this also holds true for the tissues under our eyes. Lack of sleep, allergies, conjunctivitis, excessive crying, inadequate supply of oxygen to the cornea and pollution; can all lead to swollen and tired eyes. While choosing eye products, opt for creams with green tea, allantoin and vitamin C because they reduce damage to cell membranes that causes thinning tissue. Also emu oil, coconut oil and jojoba extracts penetrate deep into dermal layers reducing inflammation, promoting and reducing water and fluid build-up.
- One of the simplest home remedies for tired eyes would be to place two spoons in the fridge or the freezer. Take them out when they are cold (but don’t let them freeze) and place them on the eyes to reduce puffiness.
- An effective option would be to wash the eyes regularly with cold water. This would help the eyes relax and also remove any kind of tiredness. You can also add a pinch of boric acid to the water and wash your eyes with it.
- An age old tactic is to dip cotton balls in cool tea water. Place them on the eyelids and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Take a cucumber and cut it into slices. Place the sliced cucumber on your eyelids, to get relief from the puffiness.
- Dip a cotton ball in cold milk and place it over the eyelids. This would remove all the puffiness. You can also add a few drops of lavender oil in a bowl of water and then use the solution as a compress over your eyes with cotton balls.
While these instant remedies will soothe your tired eyes effectively, it’s imperative to understand that changes in our way of living also play a very important role in ensuring our eyes don’t bear the brunt of our hectic lifestyles. Couple of things you might want to incorporate
- Never read in poor light as it causes excess strain on your eyes. Play with the lighting to find a level that’s comfortable for you.
- If a lot of your work is on a computer, ensure you take a break away from the screen for a couple of minutes every hour. Take this time to focus on distant objects to rest your eyes.
- People who are farsighted must exert more effort on the eyes for vision. It’s important to visit your eye doctor regularly to get a proper prescription for your vision.
- Long term under eye bags happen when the cushion or fat under the eyes begin to get herniated and stick out because of gravity. At this point a simple a simple invasive surgery can also be considered.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs I’Brite Under Eye Cream : A firming and moisturizing under eye cream, this magical wonder from Just Herbs makes the blood stream oxygen rich, improves the capillary permeability, refreshes tired, puffy eyes, lightens dark circles and plumps up the delicate skin around the eyes. With the right blend of green tea extracts and natural antioxidants, this one ensures your peepers shine bright! For best results, apply at night and massage with feather touch circular strokes. CLICK HERE to view the product
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view the product
ZIRH Clean – Alpha- Hydroxy Face Wash : Good For: Normal to Oily Skin, Acne. Cleanse. Invigorating face wash with Alpha Hydroxy and Beta Hydroxy Acids that work to remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells. Has a fresh, light lemon scent that leaves your face feeling and looking fresh and clean. Use with a sunscreen containing UVA and UVB protection to prevent photo-aging. CLICK HERE to view the product