Published on August 9th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Love Thy Skin
Your skin is the largest and often ignored organ of your body – it’s what keeps your insides protected, literally. And for it to glow, treat it with love, affection and lotion!
Moisturising your skin is not just about buying the latest lotion off the rack, or lusting for that expensive pump bottle just out of your salary reach. Chances are if you are doing it right, most moisturizers will help.
Tips & Tricks:
- Long, hot showers strip skin of its moisture and wash away its protective oils. Limiting your showers to no more than ten minutes and keep the watr as close to cool as possible. Lock in the skin’s natural hydration by applying a cream or lotion within three minutes of exiting the bathtub or shower – if your skin feels dry, you’ve waited too long.
- Try these active ingredients: Humectants: These include glycerin, sorbitol, urea, or proylene glycol. They attract water by pulling it up from deeper skin layers. They’re good choices for people with oily skin as these lotions do not have any extra oil in them. Occlusives: Petroleum jelly, lanolin, and beeswax are good examples. They prevent water from evaporating and are good for people with dry skins. Barrier-repair compounds: These include ceramide, monolaurin, and linoleic acid. These ingredients often used in combination with others like cholesterol, help repair the skin’s barrier to prevent moisture loss and damage. Most anti-ageing, skin repairing or brightening lotions have these.
- Pricey, no need! Both pricey and cheaper products work about the same when it comes to simple body lotions – try reading the label before you shell out those extra bucks.
- Different needs, separate lotions: Your eyes needs eye cream; your lips need balm, your face needs a cream and your body a lotion. You have to keep multiple moisturizers for they all act differently – while you can pull of a body lotion as ahand and foot cream – let sensitive areas have their specialized hydration.
- Seasonal chanhes: You do not wear shorts in winters, do you? And nor do you wear sweaters for summers! So switch to lighter lotions and gels in hot, sultry months and go for the balms or butters in winters.
FAB BAG PICKS for some Skin lovin’!
Votre Advance Gel Exfoliance : Advanced Gel Exfoliance is a unique formula that brightens up lack luster skin. This advance scrub is fortified with effective granules that gently exfoliate dead skin cells and blackheads while natural antioxidants help stimulate cell renewal, giving you soft and younger looking skin. (Oily to normal skin)’100% vegetarian /vegan’Non-Comedogenic (won’t clog pores)’Non-Oily/Greasy ‘Dermatologist Tested’Formulated without Petrolatum &dyes’PETA Certified ‘BUAV Certified ‘Cruelty Free’Micro Biologically & Analytically testedSpecial Features: Enrich with carrier oils & essential oils. This water based gel gives ultimate hydration. The blend of Bamboo Leaves, Chamomile, aloe with fruit extracts & other synergies gently slog off dull skin layers & removes impurities, leaving the skin smooth, toned & radiant. CLICK HERE to view the product
Ayorma Sun Block SPF 40 : Skin irritations are soothed with AYORMA’s Sun Block Cream SPF 40 that penetrates deep into your sun-sensitive skin to optimize your skin’s defense mechanism against environmental irritants especially against the harmful UVB and UVA rays. It is also immediately absorbed into your skincells to minimize imperfections, reduce melanin production and give you a flawless even complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product