Published on August 10th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Stay Clean And Tidy
Cleansing is the very first step in a basic skin routine, and often the most ignored. Here’s why you definitely need to clean…
Why does the skin need to be cleaned? To get rid of pollution and impurities, excess sebum (read oil), dead skin cells, make-up and any other pigments or particles that do not belong on the surface of the skin…
5 pro tips:
- Invest in a good face wash – aim for skin that feels mayhaps just a little bit oily after a wash, squeaky clean means that you just destroyed the skin’s natural barriers and have left it dry and dehydrated. Gentle cleansers are best..
- Moisturise immediately after cleansing, on mildly damp skin – the pores are open, the skin ready to best receive moisture and the natural barrier of the skin re-erected.
- Remember to exfoliate once or twice a week. Exfoliation sloughs off the dead skin layer and reveals newer, fresher skin underneath that not only looks better but also absorbs hydration better.
- Make-up removers are vital – your ordinary facewash does not fully remove mineral or oil-based colour pigments. In case of emergency, use baby oil or olive oil – spread lightly over face and wipe off with tissue. Repeat as many times as required till tissue comes off oily but clean. Then use your face wash to remove extra oil.
- It is better to cleanse twice with a cream or lotion Cleanser than use a harsh detergent based cleanser once to remove makeup.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Apricot Sparkle Invigorating Skin Radiance Scrub : A specially formulated cream enriched with pure expressed oil of apricot kernels to unmask your true complexion by the gentle mechanical buffing action of Persian walnut shell grains , sloughing away dry , dead and flaky skin while stimulating cellular regeneration and allowing smoother and lively skin to surface. It helps dissolve the sebum build up to unclog the pores and to liven up dull skin. It effectively smoothes the rough patches of skin and even softens the hardened skin on the elbows and creates an even color tone to smoothen, purify and beautify complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product
Natural Bath & Body Clay Face Masque : Like the special clay masks that were a favourite with the Egyptian goddess Cleopatra, our French Red Clay mask never fails to soften your skin, preserve its complexion and impart a natural glow. It is a gentle paste of French Red Clay, which is an absolute powerhouse of iron and other minerals! Best suited for normal to oily skin types, it cleanses, detoxifies and exfoliates the skin, leaving it highly refreshed and toned. The clay is blended with Rose oil, virgin Coconut oil and the balancing Cedar wood essential oils. As the oils further nourish the skin, Turmeric powder and Sandalwood give it a distinctive radiance. CLICK HERE to view the product
SaND Rose N Oats : Pamper your skin with our concoction of exoticism. We have combined whole grains of Oatmeal that is rich in Vitamin A, with rich, creamy Cocoa Butter made from carefully handpicked cocoa beans. The addition of Wheat Germ and Rose Oil locks in that extra bit of moisture to give your skin an instant glow. To create an enticing fragrance, we added a delicious Rose and Juniper Berry Infusion that will take your skin on the most aromatic ride. CLICK HERE to view the product