Published on August 11th, 2017 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Cherry Blossom For Your Skin
Thought cherries were just a garnish? Think again, and read about the beauty benefits of this small, and by no means, modest fruit!
The crown of a delicious chocolate cake, the lazy swimmer in an icy cool lemonade. Though available all year around, there is an unspoken delight in indulging in some fresh season cherries. Wonderfully delicious, cherry fruit is packed with health-benefiting nutrients and unique antioxidants making it not only good for your insides but also the outside, your skin. Cherries are one of the very low calorie fruit which are a rich source of vitamins, and minerals. Did you know that one cup of raw cherries contains 87 calories, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of fiber? Nature’s most powerful form of anti-inflammatory ingredient, consumption of cherries helps combat arthritis, high levels of cholesterol and even cancer. Regular consumption of the fruit helps to boost energy levels and modify metabolism for effective weight loss. Cherries are one of the few food sources that contain melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate heart rhythms and the body’s sleep cycles. Good for those suffering from insomnia!
These little red nutrient filled gems can do wonders for your skin. Again, as a beauty food, the melatonin found in cherries help delay the natural aging process. Fact: Antioxidants are super heroes for the skin. Eating lots of antioxidant rich food, such as cherries and blueberries, can increase your body’s defense against sunburn. The fruit can also be used externally just as effectively. The acidic property of cherries dissolves the “glue” that holds dead skin together thus helping get rid of those problematic dead cells. Cherry juice is considered extremely useful for the purpose of skin lightening and clearing dark spots. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it treats acne and rosacea, too. In addition, cherries are a good as a moisturizer and soothe damaged skin.
- Applying mashed cherries (remove the pits) on your face on a regular basis can make your skin soft, smooth, and firm. You can supplement the mashed cherries with two to three teaspoons of plain yogurt for similar rejuvenating effects.
- Take the pulp of eight or nine cherries and one ripe peach. Blend these ingredients in a blender or food processor. Finally, apply this paste on your skin for about 20 minutes. This mask is particularly good for dry skin. You may add a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil in this recipe to make it more nourishing.
Use sour cherries for oily skin. Make a beauty care recipe for oily skin by beating an egg white and mixing two tablespoons of cornmeal, one tablespoon of honey and about ten mashed cherries. Apply this mixture on your face and neck. Finally, rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- To cure acne and rosacea, prepare a cherry face mask by mixing one teaspoon of organic honey and a few drops of lemon juice with a few mashed cherries. Apply this on your face and neck and wash off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
- Applying a combination of a handful of cherries and two tablespoons of organic honey on skin for 20 minutes and then washing it off with warm water is highly beneficial for fading wrinkles and lines naturally. It helps remove dark spots too.
- Prepare a facial scrub by mixing one tablespoon of oats with two tablespoon of cherry juice. Leave it on your skin for five minutes; rinse off to remove dead skin cells.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Pomegranate Mandarin Pore Refining Tonique (Enlarged Pores) : This alcohol-free formula is ideal for oily/combination skin types with visible pores. A nourishing blend of the steam distilled waters of mandarin-traditionally used in Ayurveda for a variety of skin benefits- and Pomogrnate extract-a natural astringent that helps loosen and minimize the appearance of skin pores. Orange peel and bitter orange essential oil impart ant-microbial properties to this product and help acne-prone skin guard against infections from pollutants, dust and grime. Just Herbs toners are free from alcohol making them gentle to use without stripping the skin off its natural oils. CLICK HERE to view the product
Cuccio Colour : Cuccio Colour Professional Nail Lacquer is formulated with Triple Pigmentation Technology for rich coverage in one coat and true coverage in two coats. For the Love of Colour contains no DBP or toluene. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR Eyeliner + Crayon Lipstick – 05 ROSE DAWSON (ROSE PINK) Value Set : Now you can add a touch of this hot-on-the-runway Wine shade with the Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick in Poison Ivy shade and pair it with the Eye Told You So! Eyeliner and its gorgeous silky-matte finish to sport a look that’s guaranteed to make heads turn! CLICK HERE to view the product