Published on August 11th, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Beauty is not just about make-up, but pairing the right make-up with the right dress. Here are my picks – seven of my favourite celebrity LBD looks along with their jaw-dropping make-up!
It’s not easy being under the spotlight – from make-up gaffes to wardrobe malfunctions – they live a much scrutinized life. If they look good it has to be the cosmetic surgery and if they look bad, it has to be the lifestyle! So here’s giving 7 gals a break, and applause for their really well put together looks.
- Anne Hathaway gets it so right in her ultra simple and stylish turtleneck black sheath – she pairs it with black heels and a black clutch with just simple studs. Her make-up is powerful – a clean complexion with darkened brows, rosy cheeks and a dark red lipstick. Boldly feminine all through.
- Loved this black number of Charlize Theron – it’s a girlie LBD and she carried it off to perfection. She shows of a great tan, has her hair side-swept into a bun – studs in her ears and some bangles in her watch hand look pretty. The makeup is a tad beachy – coral pink lips with plenty bronzer. Oh, and love those heels.
- Elizabeth Olsen is not a fashion favourite of mine – but I do like the picture she paints with this red and black cape dress. The side swept curls add some dimension – the makeup is classic Hollywood – lined eyes and soft red lips. I love the fact that she kept the red to accents and wore black heels. Stylish and not OTT at all.
- Emma Roberts is perhaps what every girl want to look like at her prom night or first date out – incredibly feminine and pretty – the black frock dress is just right for her. The beachy waves with muted black clutch and heels and makeup that’s barely there – perfect!
- Gemma Arterton looks oh-so-pretty in this black not-so-little tube dress. The smokey eyes with a nude coral lipstick match her blush and radiant complexion – the oxblood nail paint and the neon green clutch is oh-so-stylish.
- And then there’s Lily Collins – she probably breathes stylishly too! Her dark brows highlight her soft feminine looks and she dresses up in the same sartorial style – her dress is a mix of the bold and the feminine. Paired with peep-toe shoes and a black clutch, she’s looks pixie-like.
- Finally we come to Victoria Beckham aka Posh, the fairer half of the Posh-and-Becks. Trust her to do something off the rack with an LBD. Though her reed-thin figure and sculpted face is not what I dub as wholesome beauty, she still is extremely stylish. Her shiny LBD coupled with barely-there accessories look super.
So that’s my list? Do let me know yours! Happy Sunday – and here’s wishing you the best for your quest for that LBD – the sales are just about over!
Fab makeup to go with your LBD
SUGAR Eyeliner + Crayon Lipstick – 04 Holly Golightly (Nude) Value Set : Now you can pull off dramatic eyes with subtle Nude on your lips with the Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick in Holly Golightly shade and pair it with the Eye Told You So! Eyeliner and its gorgeous silky-matte finish to sport a look that’s guaranteed to make heads turn! CLICK HERE to view the product
Essence Mousse Make Up 04 : The make-up range with a super delicate mousse texture gives your face a smooth and natural-looking matt complexion while allowing your skin to breathe freely. CLICK HERE to view the product
Iba Halal Care Smooth and Shine Conditioner : “Iba Smooth and Shine Conditioner packed with hair-loving Henna and Hibiscus extracts is a must-have post-shampoo treatment that enhances smoothness, infuses moisture and adds shine to dry, dull-looking hair. Leaves hair silky smooth, easily manageable and tangle-free.
Safe for henna treated or color treated hair. CLICK HERE to view the product