Published on August 21st, 2017 | by Neharika Sabharwal
Quick Makeup Tricks
If you want to look like a million bucks every day without the million minutes spent in front of a mirror, read on…
How much time do you spend getting ready in the morning? 30 minutes? An hour? So much that you feel guilty admitting it? While we understand it takes time and effort to look like a crowd-stopping diva Monday through Sunday, you can’t deny you nurse a secret desire to have more time away from the mirror every day. Enter our morning beauty ritual intervention. Read on for some time-saving tips to take back your mornings that will also have you looking utterly fabulous as you walk out that door.
Best Face Forward
- Your face doesn’t get dirty while you sleep; so unless you have really oily skin, skip the cleanser and get away looking fresh and clean by just splashing cold water in the mornings.
- Since its time consuming and exhausting to make your face look perfect, do the reverse by opting to hide traces of imperfections. Instead of applying base expertly all over your face use your concealer and foundation to hide dark circles, blemishes, dark spots and freckles.
- Another good bet is to switch to a tinted moisturizer with SPF. It hydrates, evens out your skin tone, protects against UV rays, and is easier to blend than foundation. Not to mention, it’ll save you a ton of time.
- If you like the look of a dramatic, smoky eye but don’t have time to build layers of shadow, line the rims of your upper and lower lids with a black eyeliner pencil. Then smudge it all the way around with a Q-tip.
- For a quick eye brightener, trace a creamy nude liner pencil on your lower inner rims, or dip a Q-tip in a light taupe shadow and run it under your lower lashes. It’ll make your eyes look big and fresh.
- A pencil eyeliner is easier to handle and quicker than a liquid or gel so they’ll save your life when you need to get ready quickly. Before applying mascara roll the brush on a tissue to get rid of clumps so that they won’t end up on your lashes and have you wasting time getting them off. Don’t bother with mascara on your lower lashes. It smudges, and takes time to clean up.
- Every hair stylist will tell you that fighting your tress’s natural texture is always difficult, so choose a cut that compliments your hair type. You can also wear your hair between chin and shoulder length so it’s short enough to air-dry and style quickly but long enough to pull back if you need to.
- Don’t have time to shampoo, blow-dry, and style your strands? Accessorise with cute headbands or clips or sweep them into an easy updo. Put hair in a ponytail, then pull it through again, stopping halfway, and leave some pieces hanging loose for a chic messy look.
- If your hair looks dirty, apply baby powder or dry shampoo to your roots to soak up oil. You can also spray the roots with hairspray, because the alcohol in the spray tends to absorbs excess oil.
Picture Perfect Tips
- Skip nail polish. Use a buffing block that files, smoothens, and shines your nails. You won’t have to wait for the polish to dry or take it off later. If you do want to wear nail polish go for light, sheer polishes or transparent coats that won’t leave streaks (so you can skip the second coat), and chips won’t be very noticeable.
- Need to paint your nails in a hurry? Just stick your fingers in ice water for three minutes post application. The cold water will freeze dry the polish so you’re talons won’t smudge even if you’re racing against time.
Speed Diva’s tip: Always look for products that do two, or even three, things at the same time. A mascara that curls and lengthens; a combination cleanser that cleans and exfoliates your skin or a cream blush doubling up a cheek colour and lipper are good choices… Multitasking is the name of the game so why should your product not do the same?
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Eye Spy, Lips Don’t Lie Makeup Box : The Limited Edition SUGAR Cosmetics “Eye Spy, Lips Don’t Lie” Makeup Box was never meant to be for sale. For a while, the only sets available were those handed out to celebrity makeup artists and select beauty editors from across the world. But today, we’re changing all that. CLICK HERE to view the product
Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Concealer Stick : Matte and very creamy, packing all the coverage you need to depend on. An all round concealer providing a matte finish covering all imperfections. Definitely a product which should be part of your daily makeup routine for quick and easy coverups. CLICK HERE to view the product
Geri G. Plush Mascara : Stunning lashes are just a few brush strokes away with Geri G.® Plush Mascara. This Rose Water mascara delivers high-impact results by volumizing, conditioning and strengthening lashes with Bladderwrack marine extract. CLICK HERE to view the product