Published on August 28th, 2017 | by Aparna Mishra
Its A Veggie But Also A Beauty StoreHouse
Think carrots, and Bugs Bunny springs to mind! And yet this veggie is a beauty storehouse just waiting to be tapped…
Carrots are packed with natural antioxidants like beta-carotene, anthocyanin and lutien that enable your skin fight against free radicals, thus giving thumbs down to the natural ageing process. Thiamine, niacin, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin K, vitamin B12, vitamin C – you name a vitamin and carrot has it all! Plus, a carrot a day will supply your system with doses of minerals like potassium, manganese, sodium, fluoride, zinc, and a lot more minerals. Carrots drain out toxins from the skin and make it appear refreshed and young. What’s more, the natural vitamins along with carotene, gives nourishment to the skin too…
DIY with carrots:
- Juice it up: Carrot juice happens to be the best toner for ageing skin. It replenishes the damages, hydrates it and brings back the suppleness that gets lost with age. All you have to do is to squeeze out fresh carrot juice, store in a bottle and refrigerate it. Dab the juice onto your facial skin at least twice a day, and get back your youthfulness!
- Suppleness reinstalled: Lock the natural moisture in your skin and hydrate it naturally with carrots. Grate two fresh carrots and mix a teaspoon of raw milk with it. Along with this, add a teaspoonful of pure honey and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Smear all over your clean face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with water and look into the mirror to find your face smiling back at you!
- Reverse skin damage: Extract juice out of two fresh carrots and mix it with rose water in a ratio of 1:2. Refrigerate this calming emulsion in a spray bottle. Spray it all over your face and exposed skin as you as you return home. It will reverse back the damages caused by pollution and soothe sun burnt skin, thereby serving as a great product to keep skin problems at bay.
- TLC for dry hair: Simply boil carrots and zap them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Wash it off with warm water and shampoo plus condition as you do.
- Un-mask that beauty: Boil carrots and zap them in the blender to get a consistent puree. Add a bit of honey, 8-10 drops lemon juice and 2-3 drops olive oil. Apply evenly all over face and neck and keep on for 15 minutes. Wash off to reveal brighter, firmer and more glowing skin.
FAB BAG PICKS :
SoulTree Nutgrass & Neem Face Wash : Fairtrade Chamomile hand-picked from the forests of Ranikhet, organic Nutgrass and Mandarin oil make this fresh, citrusy face wash by SoulTree a deep cleanser for your skin that controls oiliness. 120 ml. CLICK HERE to view the product
SeaSoul Hydra Mineral Cream Cleanser : A lightweight, hydrating & soothing cleanser contains Squalane-nourishes & infuses Omega 3 into the Skin. Dead Sea Algae-minimizes pores, detoxifies & brightens the skin. Grapefruit-remove makeup, daily residue and excess oil leaving skin fresh, hydrated & revitalized. CLICK HERE to view the product
Kaya Creamy Exfoliating Rinse : Luxurious cream cleanser enriched with botanical extracts of exquisite Purple Orchid and Japanese Cherry along with derma-beads helps stimulate skin’s natural renewal process. It gently polishes skin by removing dead skin cells leaving your skin feel fresh, soft and smooth with a luminous complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product