Published on August 31st, 2017 | by Rima J Pundir
Do You Have The Best Skin Lotion Yet?
You don’t always get what you pay for, but here’s how to buy the best skin lotion for you…
Eeny, meeny, miney, moe? Choosing a lotion just off the shelf on impulse is a complete no-no – instead follow these steps to get the best out of that bottle or jar.
- Sun Protect, Always: If lathering on SPF after your lotion seems a chore, then the most important additive in a daily facial moisturizer for you is sunscreen. The ultraviolet rays (UVA and UVB) from the sun dehydrate and age the skin, leading to wrinkles, skin damage and possibly cancer. By applying a face lotion with sunscreen in it, you can protect your skin from premature signs of ageing and maintain a healthier appearance.
- Skin type Smart: Know your skin before you reach out for that bottle on the shelf that your friends so swears by. Is your skin dry, or oily? Are clogged pores your bane or is it pigmentation? Dermatologists have designated 16 different skin types, based on the following four categories: dry or oily, pigmented or non-pigmented, wrinkled or tight, sensitive or resistant.
- Knowing your skin type you fall into makes it much easier to pick the right daily facial or body moisturiser. For dry and even normal skin, you’ll want to choose a non-greasy, water-based variety with silicone-derived ingredients; heavier oil-based products with mineral oil and glycerine better suit drier skin that feels dry and stretchy after washing.
- Be Ingredient Savvy: While FDA does classify moisturisers as cosmetics, the beauty industry on the whole is not as closely monitored as the food. Marketing jargon, thus, cannot be completely trusted. Ingredients should always be read; if you have sensitive skin, look out for fragrance-free and oil-free options. For oilier faces, keep your eyes peeled for non-comedogenic (non-clogging)
- Look for Enriched Formulas: While it doesn’t take a fancy formula to adequately moisturize your facedermatologists have also found that certain vitamins and antioxidants may stimulate collagen production in order to maintain elasticity in the skin and promote skin cell repair.
- vitamin-A compound retinol has shown promise for temporary wrinkle reduction.
- Synthetic hydroxy acids are commonly found in moisturisers exfoliate dead skin cells and trigger new skin cell growth.
- Soy compounds even out skin tone and build collagen fibers that give skin its smooth texture.
- Vitamin C is also thought encourage collagen production, although it doesn’t interact well with vitamin A (which retinol is derived from).
Votre Advance Gel Exfoliance : Advanced Gel Exfoliance is a unique formula that brightens up lack luster skin. This advance scrub is fortified with effective granules that gently exfoliate dead skin cells and blackheads while natural antioxidants help stimulate cell renewal, giving you soft and younger looking skin. CLICK HERE to view the product
Ayorma Sun Block SPF 40 : Skin irritations are soothed with AYORMA’s Sun Block Cream SPF 40 that penetrates deep into your sun-sensitive skin to optimize your skin’s defense mechanism against environmental irritants especially against the harmful UVB and UVA rays. It is also immediately absorbed into your skincells to minimize imperfections, reduce melanin production and give you a flawless even complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product