Published on September 27th, 2017 | by Yashodhara Ghosh
Preserving Your Youth
Whoever said that age is just a number must have followed their CTM and exfoliating routine well. All you have to do is stick to some well chosen, age-appropriate beauty habits, and make necessary changes as you go along. No clue what products are right for your years? Here are some simple guidelines.
- You’re in the bloom of youth, those troublesome teenage hormones are finally in control, and you’re looking the best you ever have: Enjoy it! But as you juggle those last few exams, job interviews and (the best part) your love life, remember to give your skin some TLC, as this will determine how you look when you’re 40. The trick is to adopt and religiously stick to a few simple habits that will help your skin sustain that youthful glow well into your 30s.
- To retain your complexion and prevent the onset of sun spots that are the first signs of aging, make sunscreen a non-negotiable part of your daily routine. Opt for a sun block that is enriched with zinc and has a minimum sun protection factor of 20. Apply about 10 minutes before stepping out on all exposed parts of your body, and reinforce whenever necessary.
- Don’t cheat on the CTM routine. Cleanse with a mild oil-free wash, tone with a natural astringent like rose water, and moisturise to a degree that suits your skin’s needs. And no matter how wild the night has been, take time to remove your make-up to keep those pores squeaky clean.
- If you want to start early to keep aging at bay, apply a cream enriched with retinoid – truly an elixir for youth –concentrating around the eyes. This will stimulate collagen production and continue to keep your skin firm and supple as the years pass.
- Those wild euphoric nights and terrible mornings after have perhaps given way to more sobering thoughts of savings and family planning. But as you work towards those promotions or scamper behind your toddler, remember that your aging skin needs some lovin’ too. No matter how good you’ve been, that first hint of a fine line has probably has made its appearance, with freckles and sunspots to give it company, leading to lacklustre and uneven pallor: this is your skin’s clarion call for exfoliation.
Use a gentle cleaning scrub often to stimulate the dermis into producing more collagen and maintaining an optimum cell turnover. Keep using the retinoid enriched night cream, but add glycolic and salicylic acid to the menu. Hydrate with a cream cleanser to avoid electrostatic imbalance that generates free radicals, which in turn leaves tell-tale signs of aging.
- If there was ever a time to enlist the support of anti-oxidants, it’s now. Choose moisturisers and cleansers rich in green tea, pomegranate, Vitamins A, C and B, which will keep those free radicals at bay and repair any tissue damage. Choose a sunscreen with antioxidants too.
- Chomp on veggies and nuts and pop a cod-liver oil capsule a day to add to the glow from inside. Also, invest in a good under-eye cream to keep unsightly eye bags in check
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Aloe Vera Facial Massage Gel: An intensive skin rejuvenating facial massage gel designed to nourish, hydrate and liven up dull and lifeless skin. Aloe vera inhibits the over production of enzymes responsible for the breakdown of the collagen-elastin matrix of the skin and provides protection against suns UV rays, clears away blemishes, while cucumbers restore the natural moisturising factor(NMF) by delivering vitamins and moisture to the deepest layers of sun-exposed skin. Aloevera and soy lecithin provides nourishment, stimulating the skins metabolic functions and combats free radicals to prevent the effects of oxidative skin damage. CLICK HERE to view the product
Ayorma Sun Block SPF 40: Skin irritations are soothed with AYORMA’s Sun Block Cream SPF 40 that penetrates deep into your sun-sensitive skin to optimize your skin’s defense mechanism against environmental irritants especially against the harmful UVB and UVA rays. It is also immediately absorbed into your skincells to minimize imperfections, reduce melanin production and give you a flawless even complexion. CLICK HERE to view the product
Votre Advance Gel Exfoliance: Advanced Gel Exfoliance is a unique formula that brightens up lack luster skin. This advance scrub is fortified with effective granules that gently exfoliate dead skin cells and blackheads while natural antioxidants help stimulate cell renewal, giving you soft and younger looking skin. CLICK HERE to view the product