Published on October 3rd, 2017 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
Seem to run out of storage space and still have make-up lying all around? FAB BAG to the rescue! We’ve got an uber-cool and super simple DIY storage idea, to flaunt & store your favourite make-up all at the same time *High-five*
It’s a human tendency, we want more! So I get the occasional or rather more than occasional urge to splurge on things that make you happy. Of course considering the beauty enthusiasts that we are, how is one lipstick, or 2 eye shadows or 3 blushes going to do us any good. So we do what we do best… stack! For a while now I thought I ran out of mascara, only to find a new one a couple of weeks later in one corner of my make-up drawer collecting dust! Talk about our *to-die-for* collection of everything cute! I know, I’m speaking on behalf of most women – It’s a similar story everywhere. To help all you women who face this dilemma, here’s a DIY make-up magnet board, which not only allows you to organize your make-up well, but also makes for a pretty show piece! I say, Own it, Flaunt it!
What you’ll need: A big photo frame (depending on the amount of make-up you need to store), A metal sheet of a similar size as that of the frame (this should be available in your local hardware shops), fabric (you can use any old pretty fabric, or get yourself a new cute one), spray paint, magnets, spray adhesive and hot glue (all of the last three paraphernalia will be available at your local hardware store)
Let’s get started ladies:
1) First thing first, grab all those stashes of eye shadows, blushes and foundations from all the different corners of your home and place them in a bin.
2) Get out the frame you’ve decided to use for this. Remove the glass and the cardboard behind and spray paint just the wooden frame to whichever colour you like, preferably you can use a contrasting shade to that of the fabric you have, or maybe use a shade which is on fabric. This one we leave up to you. Once done keep it aside.
3) Now get out the metal sheet which would be of a size that would fit in the frame. Spray adhesive around it and cover it up with the fabric. Once stuck you can adjust it into the frame
4) Now one by one, take out the make-up from the bin and with hot glue stick their backs with magnet. For bigger make-up you may need 2-3 magnets, while for smaller ones one should suffice.
5) For the part you’re going to love – now decorate your magnetic make-up board however you like. Fab tip – choose pretty looking make-up, ones with vibrant colours, beautiful tops and unique shapes.
Bring in our own innovations, I’m looking to make one with pretty pink fabric with a little glitter maybe. Do experiment away and tell us how it goes. Also share pictures on our FB, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram pages. Have a super day ahead.
FAB BAG PICKS
SUGAR Eye Spy, Lips Don’t Lie Makeup Box: The Limited Edition SUGAR Cosmetics “Eye Spy, Lips Don’t Lie” Makeup Box was never meant to be for sale. For a while, the only sets available were those handed out to celebrity makeup artists and select beauty editors from across the world. But today, we’re changing all that. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer (Matte): Poke a Friend. Scribble on sand. Shush a noisemaker. Like us, if you are someone who lets your fingers do the talking – then you will absolutely heart the new SUGAR Nail Lacquer range that will make sure that your tips are always in top shape! Specially-formulated to give you a 100% opaque finish that will dry before you can spell your date’s name – the SUGAR Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer’s wide range of glossies, mattes and shimmers is the zero-chip streak-free warpaint your hard-working fingers deserve. CLICK HERE to view the product
SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red): If excellent coverage and high colour pay-off is what gets you going, you will absolutely love the Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick from SUGAR Cosmetics. Available in 11 gorgeous shades to suit your taste & your ever-changing mood, the SUGAR matte lip crayon is a super long-lasting lipstick that’s highly pigmented so you don’t have to worry about constant re-application. This must-have crayon lipstick has a soft texture with a silky matte finish. CLICK HERE to view the product