Published on October 6th, 2017 | by Soma Priya
Tricks For Soft Hands
Apart from a monthly manicure, your hands do need extra pampering lest they start showing signs of ageing. The skin on the back of our palm is thinner as compared to the other parts. With advancing age, cell rebuilding process slows down depleting collagen (which provides elasticity to the skin), resulting in fine lines and dryness. Since hands come in constant contact with chemicals (soaps and detergents), pollution (dirt and smoke) and environment (sun and wind); their care is of utmost importance.
One to ten
- Scrub off: Exfoliation helps to remove the dead cells and increases blood circulation giving way to soft and younger looking skin. An effective weekly scrub can be made by mixing 2 tablespoons olive oil in 1 spoon of granular sugar. Gently scrub on this mixture till sugar dissolves and wash off with warm water. Apply a thick moisturizer.
- A little TLC: Your hands need their weekly massage too. Massaging improves blood circulation and also restores the softness of the skin. A homemade massage lotion can be prepared by mixing 2 tablespoons glycerin with half tablespoon each of lemon juice and rose water. With circular motion massage both the hands and nail cuticles for 15 minutes. Wipe with warm cloth and apply moisturizer.
- A lemon in hand: If your hands show dark patches, it is likely that they have pigmented cells caused by excessive exposure to sun. Try rubbing lemon wedge and you would be surprised to notice even tone within few days.
- Moisturize: Moisturize your hands at least twice everyday with a cream that contains alpha hydroxyl acids or AHAs, lactic acids and hydrating urea.
- Beauty masks: Beauty masks are excellent way to keep the skin tight and firm. A whacky but highly recommended hand mask can be prepared by mixing warm milk with boiled and mashed potato and applying over hands till the paste cools off. Wash and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Always SPF: Just like your face, your hands need sunscreen of SPF more than 20 – reapply every time you wash.
- The ‘M’ of moisture: After the SPF fix, apply moisturizer. Keep a jar of moisturizer handy in your purse or near your wash basin. also, that anti-ageing cream that you use on your face, spare a little for your hands too – they will thank you later, by looking young.
- No drying soaps: Go for mild moisturizing soaps or creamy hand washes to retain moisture. Also, make sure the hand sanitizers are kept to a minimum – the alcohol content dries out the skin!
- Drink ample water: Water will keep your skin hydrated from inside out. Ensure calcium and vitamins in your diet – vitamin A, C and E are a must to maintain healthy skin and nails.
FAB BAG PICKS
Just Herbs Ayurvedic Blemish Treatment Kit: Just Herbs is a line of pure, bespoke, and Ayurvedic results-driven skincare made from certified organic and wild crafted ingredients collected from across India. Most people think that natural products are not as effective as chemically formulated ones. Just Herbs seeks to change this notion. The vision behind Just Herbs was to create a brand that stands not just for luxury alone; but one that delivers a pure and pleasant experience which is safe for the skin, the environment. CLICK HERE to view the product
Votre Botanical Day Gel Creme with SPF 35 PA ++ Mineral Enriched: Our natural and highly botanical version of a classic moisture Gel creme! This antioxidant rich AM Moisturizer is formulated to immediately equalize the skins natural barrier and fortify its ability to hold moisture. The infusion of fruit and botanical extracts refine skin tone and provide a protective barrier to retain skins natural moisture. CLICK HERE to view the product
Ananda Spa Gentle Cleansing Cream For Oily Skin: Nourishes and protects as it gently removes oil and pollution build up on the skin, its antiseptic nature balances the skin removing the blemish causing bacteria which linger on the surface of the skin. Basil helps to stimulate, increase regeneration and revitalise the skin. CLICK HERE to view the product