Published on October 12th, 2017 | by Jehan Raffiuddin
Being a rather harried work-from-home mommy has its funny moments, including running out of beauty product at the nth hour. So here are some of my favourite substitutes and face savers!
Once you hit 30, while age is not so much an issue, tiredness certainly is. Lack of sleep, heavy dinners, or just overall fatigue can really show on your face and make you look a little haggard. So here are my face savers:
- Ice, ice baby: Run an ice cube all over the face! If that sounds a bit extreme, then just splash your face with lots of cold water, right from the refrigerator door! Cold water revitalizes the skin, reduces any puffiness and puts that sparkle back in your eye.
- Cold, cold drops: Keep your serum in the refrigerator, the night before. Your skin gets a further tingly boost from cold serum, as opposed to a room temperature one.
- Flush with blush: Nothing like bespoke rosy cheeks to bring back the first flush of youth. But omigod, you’re out of blush? No need to panic – you can do two things here. Raid your lipstick cabinet for that shimmer red, pink or even fuschia to really let your cheeks shine (I have used the Flormar DC31 rather successfully!). Else, for a more natural “tint” – slice up a beet and rub gently on your cheeks. Let it be for 5-10 minutes and then wash off, pat (not rub) dry for softly and naturally tinted cheeks…
With the current lifestyle and genetics going a tad awry, early graying is now a norm. So sometimes, you might just realize that your party night out, is being offset by those shiny strands in your hair! So what to do?
- Band it: Bring back those whirly, sparkly cloth bands that you rejected for a more “mature” look! Try using a “double” hair band – once goes on in the front and the other goes back to create a little pouf.
- Braid it: Grecian braids that adorn the crown of your hair should make it all okay.
- Hide it: If the grays are few and far between, just run a bit of your mascara on the strands – dab with a tissue to avoid any clumping!
FAB BAG PICKS
Votre Advance Gel Exfoliance: Advanced Gel Exfoliance is a unique formula that brightens up lack luster skin. This advance scrub is fortified with effective granules that gently exfoliate dead skin cells and blackheads while natural antioxidants help stimulate cell renewal, giving you soft and younger looking skin. CLICK HERE to view the product
Tvam Fairness Lotion – Sandalwood: Sandalwood Fairness Lotion improves complexion, nourishes and makes the skin soft. It is a unique formulation with natural ingredients. Its natural action involves reduction of the black melanin in the skin without changing the skin’s natural balance. Saffron is used to nourish and lighten the skin. CLICK HERE to view the product
Just Herbs Cascade Moisturising Day Care Lotion: This day care lotion is reinforced with the hydrating action of Aloe Vera and antioxidant properties of Wheatgerm oil. It restores moisture to the deepest layers of skin, and helps the skin to maintain its natural moisture thus plumping up fine lines that occur as a result of dryness. Vetiver helps rejuvenate the skin and improves skin regeneration process to enhance collagen elasticity thus improving the vital capacity of the skin to retain moisture. CLICK HERE to view the product